Installing the NDIS driver
|Top Previous Next|
When you start sniffer at the first time, the program prompts you to install the ESNDISMON driver. Without the driver, the program cannot perform sniffing. You can view the drivers installed (including the installation date) by selecting [Options] | [General options] | [Wireless network sniffer], install/reinstall driver.
To make sure the drivers are properly installed, follow these steps:
1. Make sure that you have a compatible adapter.
2. Remove WinPCap and AirPCap drivers if you already have them in the system.
3. Insert the adapter and install the driver provided by the manufacturer. Do NOT use drivers included with Windows: more often than not, they are incompatble. We recomment finding and installing the chipset drivers.
In you use an AirPCap adapter, install its own drivers from the vendor web site:
4. Restart the system; it is mandatoiry for most adapters even if there was no prompt to do so.
5. Install EWSA.
6. Start Wi-Fi or AirPCap sniffer, depending on the adapter. EWSA should prompt to install ESSNDISMON driver.
7. If the adapter still does not work, install ESNDISMON manually:
•Open Network and sharing center
•Select Adapter settings
•Right-click on the adapter and select Properties
•Press Install, select Service, then Add
•Press Have disk and select path to ESNDISMON driver (the .inf-file, according to system version and 32/64); the drivers are located in "Drivers" folder under the program installation folder
Get more information about Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor
Get full version of Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor
(c) 2016 ElcomSoft Co.Ltd.